BKU workers occupy Noida toll plaza, demand DND be toll-free
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Around 100 BKU members forcefully occupied Noida toll plaza of DND Flyway today and allowed vehicles to ply without paying toll for around half an hour to protest levy of toll on users of the flyway.
The protestors vacated the toll plaza after administration and DND (Delhi-Noida-Delhi) management urged them to end their demonstration and participate in discussions on the issue.
Bhartiya Kisan Union leader Rakesh Tikait told reporters at the site, "DND management has been charging the toll rates arbitrarily and has recently increased the toll rates. Cost has been recovered by the management, but still toll fee is
"It is a public road and it should be made toll free. We have given memorandum to UP Chief Minister to make DND toll free. We have told the DND management to show the copy of their agreement," he said.
DND management claimed as per the concession agreement with Noida Authority, toll collection period was 30 years.
It was made operational in 2001.
Regarding hike in toll rates, as per state rules for such expressways, 10 per cent annual hike is permitted.