BlackBerry Z30 launched in India, with 5-inch display, Rs 39,990 price tag
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
BlackBerry Ltd may be a sinking ship, but that has not stopped it from launching a premium product, BlackBerry Z30 smartphone on Thursday in India. To win customers it even priced the top-end product at the lower end of the slab reserved for matching products from rivals like Apple Inc, Samsung, Nokia and HTC. Moreover, to reassure its buyers, BlackBerry said that support will always remain at hand and reaffirmed that no matter what happens in future it is going to remain loyal to its customers.
BlackBerry Z30 is targeted at urban youth and is a bold attempt to regain foothold in the market flooded with smartphones.
BlackBerry Z30's launch nearly coincides, with the arrival of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) app on Android and iOS platforms. The device packs in 5-inch super AMOLED display with a weave-pattern back panel for classy look. Under the hood the device runs a 1.7GHz processor, quad-core Adreno GPU and has 2GB RAM. It comes with a 8-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera.
BlackBerry says Z30's 2800mAH battery lasts for about 25 hours depending upon usage.
BlackBerry Z30 runs a tweaked BB10 OS, version 10.2. The update introduces features like BlackBerry Priority Hub, which usage patterns and displays relevant notifications. The 10.2 update will be available to Z10 and Q5 users this weekend. The company is expected to roll out an update for BlackBerry Q10 soon.
While using an app, notifications such as emails and messages pop-up on top of the screen without disrupting the application being used. Users get a reply option on the notification too.
The flagship device comes with Stereo Audio and BlackBerry Natural sound technology for enhanced audio experience. The smartphone has four microphones for voice clarity.
The BlackBerry Z30 will be available in markets at Rs 39,990.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2