Blind players win 7 medals in national sports meet, honoured
- J&K: Five injured as Pak troops resort to heavy mortar shelling along LoC
- Two women killed, 10 injured in Puri Rath Yatra stampede
- Multi-storey building collapses in West Delhi, many feared trapped
- PM Narendra Modi calls maiden meet of NDA parties ahead of Monsoon session
- Drone shot down by Pakistan 'China made': Chinese state media
In the national blind sports meet organised by the Indian Blind Sports Association (IBSA) in New Delhi, Punjab players have won seven medals — three gold, three silver and one bronze. These players were honoured at Ludhiana Blind Sports Association office on Monday, though the games concluded on December 14.
While Balwinder Kaur Noori from Khanna won two gold medals in javelin throw and discuss throw and the second prize in shot put, Harmanpreet Kaur Chahal, from Machiwara, won silver medal in discuss throw and bronze in shot-put. Tripatpal Singh, from Tarn Taran district, won the gold in discuss throw and silver in shot put.
A total of 15 players had gone with coach Gurpreet Singh Machiwara. Balwinder and Harman are from Ludhiana district. Harman also happens to be the daughter of coach Gurpreet.
Gurpreet said they would be meeting Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal along with the winner players and would urge him to organise games for the blind and other special children as well on the lines of the kabaddi tournament.