Blind players win 7 medals in national sports meet, honoured
- Sehwag announces retirement, says playing for India memorable journey
- Two children killed after Dalit family's home set on fire, Rajnath seeks report
- Cricketer Amit Mishra booked for assaulting female friend
- Bihar will slay 'political Ravana': Lalu Prasad attacks PM Modi
- I am not optimistic about India-Pakistan series: PCB chief
In the national blind sports meet organised by the Indian Blind Sports Association (IBSA) in New Delhi, Punjab players have won seven medals — three gold, three silver and one bronze. These players were honoured at Ludhiana Blind Sports Association office on Monday, though the games concluded on December 14.
While Balwinder Kaur Noori from Khanna won two gold medals in javelin throw and discuss throw and the second prize in shot put, Harmanpreet Kaur Chahal, from Machiwara, won silver medal in discuss throw and bronze in shot-put. Tripatpal Singh, from Tarn Taran district, won the gold in discuss throw and silver in shot put.
A total of 15 players had gone with coach Gurpreet Singh Machiwara. Balwinder and Harman are from Ludhiana district. Harman also happens to be the daughter of coach Gurpreet.