- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Last Saturday saw what was probably the largest gathering of food bloggers in the Capital, till date. The V Spot Bar café in Gurgaon played host to several dozen bloggers on the occasion of the first ever Foodathon in Delhi. While the event was ostensibly to give food fetishists a look at the Philips Airfryer, the day was a snowball of events, incorporating a cook-out, a meet and greet and presentations on food plating and food photography by Darren Conole (Executive Chef at the Shangri-la Hotel) and Hemant Sud, a noted food photographer, respectively. Prior to the presentations, bloggers soaked up the sun and tried out different savouries, like samosas, French fries and chicken tikka — all of which were prepared without a drop of oil.
After the meet-and-greet, the participants settled down inside the restaurant for an entertaining hour-long lecture on food styling and photography. Conole proved to be an entertaining presenter, keeping his audiences in splits, even as he took them through the evolution of food plating, from the '30s to its contemporary form. After the food plating seminar, Sud gave an interesting talk on the various aspects of food photography and how to get that perfect food shot. Needless to say, the bloggers drank in every word, scribbling copious notes as they picked up various trick of the trade.