Blood is offered, by doting Rahul Gandhi brigade, for him
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Rahul Gandhi may like his appointment as Congress vice-president to be seen as the rise of youth and a harbinger of change in the party. However, at the AICC meeting on Sunday at least, it was hard to spot either.
In their speeches, Youth Congress as well as NSUI leaders showed unmistakable continuity in the culture of sycophancy in the ruling party.
Some even outmatched party veterans, promising to shed their blood to match the sweat of "desh ke yuvaon ki dhadkan (the heart-throb of the youth)" Rahul Gandhi. Others promised that for him, "jawani luta denge (sacrifice their youth)".
It was Uttar Pradesh PCC chief Nirmal Khatri, a Rahul appointee, who set the tone, exhorting Congress president Sonia Gandhi to "hand over your powers" to Rahul to ensure timely and quick decisions. Next speaker Amarinder Singh Raja, a Youth Congress leader from Punjab, followed it up saying, "A new revolution will come in the country under Rahul Gandhi."
Jammu & Kashmir Youth Congress president Mohammad Shahnawaz said Rahul's entry into politics gave youngsters an opportunity for leadership and "it happens in centuries".
"Big industrialists like Ratan Tata wouldn't go to Kashmir even for a vacation but Rahulji brought them to the university (in Srinagar). Aane wali naslen tumse rushka karengi, jab unko maloom hoga ki tumne Rahul Gandhi ko dekha hai (Coming generations will envy you when they come to know that you have seen Rahul Gandhi)," he said.
Some offers of blood, by Rahul's brigade, for him
Another Youth Congress office-bearer stated how he had responded when a mediaperson asked about a Rahul versus Narendra Modi contest: "What a comparison! Modi has no ideology or legacy!"
Indian Youth Congress president Rajiv Satav said, "We have got a new captain of the Congress in Rahulji. I thank Soniaji for handing over the reins to him. Such is our leader who does not want any power or post." Satav then went on to enumerate what all Rahul had taught them and what all they had achieved under his leadership.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Cong begins â€˜primariesâ€™ in two Rajasthan seats
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start