Blow to GJM as nine party leaders from Dooars join Trinamool
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
That resentment was brewing among the Morcha's office-bearers in the plains had been hinted at by Adivasi leader John Barla during his recent visit to Darjeeling. Barla had said at a programme that the Morcha leadership should remain in touch with cadres in the plains. Disenchantment among GJM leaders of the plains could translate into a gain for the Trinamool. Sources said several Morcha cadres had recently joined the TMC.