Blue chip earnings key for stock market
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
At home, the domestic earnings reporting season will continue with blue chips such as Bharti Airtel, Tata Motors, State Bank of India, and Oil and Natural Gas Corp due to unveil July-September results.
Potential government action could also be a factor: India's inter-ministerial panel will hold a two-day review starting Monday on coal block allocations to 31 state-run companies.
Meanwhile, the federal cabinet is expected to meet on Thursday to take up a proposal that carriers buying other telecom companies will have to match auction-determined prices for airwaves they acquire from the target company.
EARNINGS/EVENTS NEXT WEEK: Monday: Cipla's, Services PMI for October Tuesday: Tata Power, Tata Communications, Reliance Infrastructure and Reliance Capital, Hindalco Industries Wednesday: Tata Motors Thursday, Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Steel Authority of India, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries. Friday: Oil and Natural Gas Corp, Tata Steel, State Bank of India and Jindal Steel and Power, Bharat Petroleum Corp.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready