Blue chip earnings key for stock market
- Lok Sabha polls: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- Lalu Prasad fights rebellion, 9 MLAs back to RJD fold, blames Nitish Kumar for hatching a conspiracy
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
At home, the domestic earnings reporting season will continue with blue chips such as Bharti Airtel, Tata Motors, State Bank of India, and Oil and Natural Gas Corp due to unveil July-September results.
Potential government action could also be a factor: India's inter-ministerial panel will hold a two-day review starting Monday on coal block allocations to 31 state-run companies.
Meanwhile, the federal cabinet is expected to meet on Thursday to take up a proposal that carriers buying other telecom companies will have to match auction-determined prices for airwaves they acquire from the target company.
EARNINGS/EVENTS NEXT WEEK: Monday: Cipla's, Services PMI for October Tuesday: Tata Power, Tata Communications, Reliance Infrastructure and Reliance Capital, Hindalco Industries Wednesday: Tata Motors Thursday, Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Steel Authority of India, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries. Friday: Oil and Natural Gas Corp, Tata Steel, State Bank of India and Jindal Steel and Power, Bharat Petroleum Corp.
- At 23, the Indian creator of the smart ring is the youngest to address Mobile World Congress
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) joins hand with BJP
- Kejriwal letter questions Rahul on gas pricing, Ambani links
- Man immolates self in front of Assam secretariat
- Ex-Armyman, ISI spy for 2 years, held
- NIA nabs 2 from UP for blasts at Modi’s rally