Blue Film in Bhubaneswar Railway station Platform TV, 1 held
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
In a shocking incident, as many as 24 television sets in the Railway station here showed an obscene film for about 10 minutes for which one person was arrested today, police said.
"The incident occurred at around 3.30 pm when obscene video clippings ran for about 10 minutes in all TV sets simultaneously at platforms, waiting rooms and reservation counters," Baruna Behera, inspector of Railway Protection Force (RPF) said adding that the television operator was immediately arrested.
Asutosh Swain (21) of a private organisation, confessed to the crime, the RPF inspector said adding that he uploaded certain obscene scenes from his mobile phone to the main channel of railway television server.
"The Railways have ordered an inquiry into the incident and sealed the control room at the station from where a private organisation was operating the television service," a senior official of the East Coast Railway Zone told PTI.
Sources said the Railways had outsourced television operation to a private organisation since last four months.