Blue Film in Bhubaneswar Railway station Platform TV, 1 held
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
In a shocking incident, as many as 24 television sets in the Railway station here showed an obscene film for about 10 minutes for which one person was arrested today, police said.
"The incident occurred at around 3.30 pm when obscene video clippings ran for about 10 minutes in all TV sets simultaneously at platforms, waiting rooms and reservation counters," Baruna Behera, inspector of Railway Protection Force (RPF) said adding that the television operator was immediately arrested.
Asutosh Swain (21) of a private organisation, confessed to the crime, the RPF inspector said adding that he uploaded certain obscene scenes from his mobile phone to the main channel of railway television server.
"The Railways have ordered an inquiry into the incident and sealed the control room at the station from where a private organisation was operating the television service," a senior official of the East Coast Railway Zone told PTI.
Sources said the Railways had outsourced television operation to a private organisation since last four months.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi