Blue Film in Bhubaneswar Railway station Platform TV, 1 held
- BRICS Summit 2016: PM Modi hits out at Pakistan, terms it 'mothership of terrorism'
- BRICS Summit: No crack in China wall, talks to continue
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Rajouri district
- Noida: Nine 'naxals' arrested in Hindon Vihar; Six pistols, 50 cartridges, 125 detonators recovered
- Donald Trump praises Narendra Modi, promises better friendship with India: Top quotes
In a shocking incident, as many as 24 television sets in the Railway station here showed an obscene film for about 10 minutes for which one person was arrested today, police said.
"The incident occurred at around 3.30 pm when obscene video clippings ran for about 10 minutes in all TV sets simultaneously at platforms, waiting rooms and reservation counters," Baruna Behera, inspector of Railway Protection Force (RPF) said adding that the television operator was immediately arrested.
Asutosh Swain (21) of a private organisation, confessed to the crime, the RPF inspector said adding that he uploaded certain obscene scenes from his mobile phone to the main channel of railway television server.
"The Railways have ordered an inquiry into the incident and sealed the control room at the station from where a private organisation was operating the television service," a senior official of the East Coast Railway Zone told PTI.
Sources said the Railways had outsourced television operation to a private organisation since last four months.
- Across the aisle: If we kill dissent, we will kill liberty
- Fifth column: Doubting Thomases
- Out of my mind: A dangerous world
- Inside Track: Brilliant minds?
- Pakhtun warlord’s career shows how many forces prop up non-state actor
- Samdhariya’s case points to a society bound together by violence against its children