BMC confirms dengue killed Yash Chopra
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
BMC's death committee on Monday confirmed dengue as the cause of filmmaker Yash Chopra's death.
At a meeting in Kasturba Hospital, sources say, the panel of doctors singled out dengue as the principal cause of death. In the death certificate submitted to BMC by Lilavati hospital last week, three causes of death were given: dengue, sepsis pneumonia and multi-organ failure.
The corporation at that time refused to admit that dengue was the cause of death. "After experts scrutinise the reasons for his demise, the cause of death will be announced," additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani had said then.
Since Chopra's death, the civic body has gone on an overdrive to curb the dengue menace in the city.