BMC confirms dengue killed Yash Chopra
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
BMC's death committee on Monday confirmed dengue as the cause of filmmaker Yash Chopra's death.
At a meeting in Kasturba Hospital, sources say, the panel of doctors singled out dengue as the principal cause of death. In the death certificate submitted to BMC by Lilavati hospital last week, three causes of death were given: dengue, sepsis pneumonia and multi-organ failure.
The corporation at that time refused to admit that dengue was the cause of death. "After experts scrutinise the reasons for his demise, the cause of death will be announced," additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani had said then.
Since Chopra's death, the civic body has gone on an overdrive to curb the dengue menace in the city.