BMC confirms dengue killed Yash Chopra
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
BMC's death committee on Monday confirmed dengue as the cause of filmmaker Yash Chopra's death.
At a meeting in Kasturba Hospital, sources say, the panel of doctors singled out dengue as the principal cause of death. In the death certificate submitted to BMC by Lilavati hospital last week, three causes of death were given: dengue, sepsis pneumonia and multi-organ failure.
The corporation at that time refused to admit that dengue was the cause of death. "After experts scrutinise the reasons for his demise, the cause of death will be announced," additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani had said then.
Since Chopra's death, the civic body has gone on an overdrive to curb the dengue menace in the city.
- US panel wary of Modi rise
- Return pharmacists to drug stores, end queues: Govt
- Minority panel works on logo, structure to include Jains
- Festival makes performers of Assam’s politicians
- Child’s death in 1997: Delhi High Court upholds 4-yr jail for quack
- Orissa ponzi scam surpasses that of Bengal by Rs 2,140 cr