BMC confirms dengue killed Yash Chopra
- In regulator inbox, a million messages for net neutrality
- Suicide at AAP rally: Working on father’s 25 bighas, he would tie turbans for a living
- Mumbai Police arrest ‘largest meow-meow drug peddler’
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Kedarnath shrine on foot
- Cabinet clears trial of juveniles as adults in ‘heinous cases’
BMC's death committee on Monday confirmed dengue as the cause of filmmaker Yash Chopra's death.
At a meeting in Kasturba Hospital, sources say, the panel of doctors singled out dengue as the principal cause of death. In the death certificate submitted to BMC by Lilavati hospital last week, three causes of death were given: dengue, sepsis pneumonia and multi-organ failure.
The corporation at that time refused to admit that dengue was the cause of death. "After experts scrutinise the reasons for his demise, the cause of death will be announced," additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani had said then.
Since Chopra's death, the civic body has gone on an overdrive to curb the dengue menace in the city.