BMC confirms dengue killed Yash Chopra
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
BMC's death committee on Monday confirmed dengue as the cause of filmmaker Yash Chopra's death.
At a meeting in Kasturba Hospital, sources say, the panel of doctors singled out dengue as the principal cause of death. In the death certificate submitted to BMC by Lilavati hospital last week, three causes of death were given: dengue, sepsis pneumonia and multi-organ failure.
The corporation at that time refused to admit that dengue was the cause of death. "After experts scrutinise the reasons for his demise, the cause of death will be announced," additional municipal commissioner Mohan Adtani had said then.