BMC seeks details from Shah Rukh Khan on foetus' sex determination test
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
A day after receiving the birth report of a boy born to Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan, BMC has written to the actor seeking details of alleged attempts to determine sex of the foetus.
A team of civic officials visited Shah Rukh's residence in Bandra Wednesday to ascertain facts regarding allegations of a pre-conception and pre-natal diagnostic test (PCPNDT). PCPNDT is banned in India.
The team was told the actor is not in the country and BMC can direct all communication to his office.
Asked about the surrogate baby, SRK said: "We will talk about this another time. There is a bit of happy part and a bit of it is sad. When the sad part gets over, we will talk. I request everyone, including the authorities, to stop their enthusiastic investigation until then."
Its personal and confidential, says Shah Rukh Khan on his third baby
According to the birth report, the boy was born at Masrani Hospital for Women in Andheri on May 27. The father's name is registered as Shahrukh Meer Taj Mohammed Khan and mother's Gauri Shahrukh Khan. It says Gauri was married at the age of 21 and her age at the time of the third baby is 43. The baby was born at 34 weeks through a caesarean and weighed 1.5 kg at birth.
"After receiving the birth report, civic officials visited Shah Rukh Khan's home today to question him on the alleged reports of a sex determination test. We were told by the staff that the couple is not in town," said Arun Bamne, chief health officer, BMC.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi