BMC to map noise levels in city
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
All the men worked as cooks in private catering firms. Police said at 11.30 pm Thursday, Bahadur, Manbahadur and Acharya were returning home from a country liquor bar near Kopri Junction in Antop Hill, when they began to argue over money the victim owed to the accused. The argument continued at home.
At one point, the accused and the victim began abusing each other and Bahadur allegedly shoved one. The landlord intervened and ordered them to keep quiet, but the three men would not be silenced and began to bicker again around midnight.
When other flatmates intervened, they left the house.
Early next morning, Sunil Thapa, one of the men living in the flat, found Bahadur lying near a water tank, allegedly bludgeoned with a stone. He was rushed to KEM Hosptial, where he was declared dead before arrival.
"We caught Manbahadur and Acharya and produced them before a magistrate. They have been charged with murder and remanded in police custody till February 14,"said sub-inspector S Munde.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18