BMW launches X6 priced at Rs 93.4L
- Indo-Pak NSAs meet in Bangkok, discuss terrorism, J&K
- Schools, colleges to remain shut in Chennai; full-scale flight operations to resume tomorrow
- No problem with Kejriwal's odd-even formula, won't mind taking bus to work: CJI
- Screaming 'this is for Syria', man stabs three at London station
- In Delhi, odd-numbered cars to run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
German luxury car maker BMW today launched the new version of its crossover model X6 priced between Rs 78.9 lakh and Rs 93.4 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The company which is facing stiff competition from rivals Audi and Mercedes, said it will add new dealers and expand model range to keep its leadership position.
"In 2013, we expect some growth on the basis of new dealerships and new model range. We will launch new X1 and 7 Series, besides introducing the 1 Series," BMW India Group President Philipp von Sahr told reporters here.
He said the company will increase its dealers to 50 by 2014 from 29 at present across India, while inaugurating its largest dealer here.
When asked about the competition, he said the company is not going for volumes at the cost of profitability and BMW India would focus on long-term sustainable leadership.
"We'll continue to be sustainable leader in India. Sales are important, but not at any cost. We don't give discounts to push sales for competition. With discounts, someone can gain in short term, but not in the long term," von Sahr added.
It's not important to look at numbers always. The most important is the profitability of dealers and company, he reiterated.
In October, BMW India had fallen behind Audi with sales of 790 units as against the rival's 882 units, while Mercedes had a sales of 732 units. For the April-October period this fiscal, BMW and Audi are tied at the top with 5,174 units each followed by Mercedes at 3,651 units.
When asked about the company's sales expectations for this year, he said the target this year is to sell higher than last year without disclosing details.
Talking about the new X6, von Sahr said: "This new car is not like any other model. It has created a segment for itself. We are confident that the new X6 will definitely attract attention of our customers."
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery
- Paris climate summit underlines progress depends on innovation and global partnership
- MP’s agricultural growth rates offer important lessons for the Centre
- In a divided social milieu, ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’ is an idle fancy
- AuGrav customised jewellery: All that glitters is now 3D
- Across the aisle: How to lose a friend and alienate people