Bobby Deol: Never bullied because I was Dharmendra's son
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Shastri was the best Congressman; Varun praises Rahul
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
Actor Bobby Deol says he was never bullied as he was veteran star Dharmendra's son.
Having starred in numerous action films, 77-year-old Dharmendra was often referred to as the 'He-Man' as well as the 'Action King' of Hindi cinema.
"He was like a superman. I felt like he was the strongest man on earth. I was never bullied because I was Dharmendra's son," Bobby said.
Bobby, the younger one in the second generation of Deols, always looks up to his father.
"Fathers always give tips. My dad also gives me but at the end he says the decision has to be mine. Dad says do whatever your heart says is right and I am following this in my career. I feel lucky that he is my dad," the 46-year-old actor said.
Both Bobby and elder brother Sunny have shared screen space with Dharmendra in films like Yamla Pagla Deewana, Apne and Sunny.
Recalling an incident with Dharmendra, Sunny Deol said, "I have done quite a few films with dad. I remember during the shoot of 'Kshatriya' there was a sword fight and I accidentally hit him on his knee. I was so petrified that I fell down."
The three Deols will be seen in Yamla Pagla Deewana 2, a sequel to the 2011 film of the same name. The trio is reprising their roles in the movie, set to hit cinema houses on June 7.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies