Bodies of Gaya road mishap brought home
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Purulia: A pall of gloom descended at Chetia village of Purulia district on Tuesday as the bodies of seven pilgrims, who died in a road mishap in Gaya, were brought. The seven, including four women, were later cremated as hundreds assembled. The pilgrims were killed and 27 others injured when a bus carrying them overturned and fell into a ditch at NH-2 in Gaya.
Yuva National Award to Chhau dancer Dilip
Chhau dancer Dilip Mahato has been selected for the prestigious Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva National Award by the Sangeet Natak Akademi. A resident of Torang village in Bagmundi area of Purulia district, Mahati has been chosen for the award "for his beautiful artistic Chhau dance performance in India and abroad". Other earlier Chhau recipients of the award are Ghambir Singh Mura and Manmath Mahato. He will receive the award in Delhi in the middle of March, said the secretary of the Akademi.
Jalpaiguri: Opium, valued at Rs 2 crore in international market, was recovered from a river bed at Mandalghat in Jalpaiguri district on Tuesday. Officials said an excise team unearthed the opium, strewn on 1.53 acres, following a tip-off. No arrest has been made so far.
Howrah: A trader was shot dead by unidentified assailants at Jagatballabhpur in Howrah district on Tuesday. Police said Mohd Akram was declared dead at hospital.