Delhi's braveheart gangraped girl's condition turns serious, docs expect worse
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The condition of the 23-year-old gangrape victim deteriorated today with doctors saying that she is "not as good" as yesterday.
"Her condition has deteriorated... She is very serious, very critical and still not out of danger," one of the doctors attending to her at Safdarjung Hospital said.
Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital, said last night, the victim developed tendency for internal bleeding and now she has reduced capacity for coagulation.
"Her bilirubin level has decreased to 5.5 and her lycolyte count is 6000. These parameters are after supplementation of platelet. She continues to remain on ventilator. She is not as good as yesterday and she is para-sick. She is running fever of 102 to 104," he said.
"This is because of sepsis and it is a matter of "serious concern", he said.
"The victim was subjected to psychiatric counselling today. Her parents were also given counselling. In that, it was found that the victim was relatively composed and that she neither showed anxiety or depression," Athani said.
The paramedical student, who was gangraped last Sunday night in a moving bus here, was also administered another four bottles of platelet-rich plasma.
Body destroyed beyond redemption, Delhi gangrape victim fights what India hopes is not a futile battle
After undergoing yet another surgery, the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim's condition was still described as critical on Monday afternoon, with doctors continuing to monitor her health 24/7.
Doctors at the Safdarjung Hospital giving their report here said the girl is stable but critical and is on ventilator electively. She underwent a "small operation" yesterday after medical examination suggested fluid collection in her abdomen - docs say that there is some internal bleeding too.
With her intestines gone and medication side-effects kicking in as well as her strength gradually ebbing out of her, hope for the victim was fast diminishing even as she continues to wage a spirited battle against all odds, say doctors.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today