Body found in Link Road drain
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The body of a 35-year-old man was found in a drain along the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) Friday morning. Police suspect the victim, who has no external injuries on his body, might have fallen into the drain and died. Meghwadi police were alerted after the body was fished out from the drain on the Jogeshwari end of the JVLR at 10 am. According to police, the victim appears to be aged between 35 and 45 and was dressed in a red shirt and grey shorts. Magnets were found in his possession, leading the police to believe that the deceased may have been a scrap collector who had fallen into the drain.
No other possessions were found. The body has been sent to Cooper Hospital for a post-mortem. Cops have have registered a case of accidental death.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today