Body found in Link Road drain
The body of a 35-year-old man was found in a drain along the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) Friday morning. Police suspect the victim, who has no external injuries on his body, might have fallen into the drain and died. Meghwadi police were alerted after the body was fished out from the drain on the Jogeshwari end of the JVLR at 10 am. According to police, the victim appears to be aged between 35 and 45 and was dressed in a red shirt and grey shorts. Magnets were found in his possession, leading the police to believe that the deceased may have been a scrap collector who had fallen into the drain.
No other possessions were found. The body has been sent to Cooper Hospital for a post-mortem. Cops have have registered a case of accidental death.
- RTI reveals ‘flaws’ in preparation of poll rolls
- Post poll, parties do seat maths
- Cops speak for Pawar: ‘He didn’t threaten voters’
- Industrial bodies announce boycott of Bains
- EC issues notices to Bittu, Ayali
- Punjab dairy board asks for Rs 1.4 lakh for 70,000-page RTI reply, later delivers a few 100 pages ‘free of cost’