Body of 52-yr-old man found in Surat
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
The body of a 52-year-old man was found abandoned near a water canal at Vesu Tuesday morning.
Police said an adhesive tape was found stuck on the nose and mouth of the deceased and there was a suicide note in his pocket stating nobody should be blamed for his death.
The body was later identified as of Manharlal Jain (52), a resident of Chandan Park Society on City Light road in Surat.
According to police, they also found a scissor from the spot. The body was sent to New Civil Hospital for post mortem.
The deceased's wife, who is a teacher in a private school, said he had left home Monday evening and failed to return.