Body of 52-yr-old man found in Surat
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The body of a 52-year-old man was found abandoned near a water canal at Vesu Tuesday morning.
Police said an adhesive tape was found stuck on the nose and mouth of the deceased and there was a suicide note in his pocket stating nobody should be blamed for his death.
The body was later identified as of Manharlal Jain (52), a resident of Chandan Park Society on City Light road in Surat.
According to police, they also found a scissor from the spot. The body was sent to New Civil Hospital for post mortem.
The deceased's wife, who is a teacher in a private school, said he had left home Monday evening and failed to return.
Khatoadar police inspector C K Patel said, "The deceased was jobless for the last few months and was under depression. We have not found any injury marks on his body."