Body of 52-yr-old man found in Surat
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The body of a 52-year-old man was found abandoned near a water canal at Vesu Tuesday morning.
Police said an adhesive tape was found stuck on the nose and mouth of the deceased and there was a suicide note in his pocket stating nobody should be blamed for his death.
The body was later identified as of Manharlal Jain (52), a resident of Chandan Park Society on City Light road in Surat.
According to police, they also found a scissor from the spot. The body was sent to New Civil Hospital for post mortem.
The deceased's wife, who is a teacher in a private school, said he had left home Monday evening and failed to return.
Khatoadar police inspector C K Patel said, "The deceased was jobless for the last few months and was under depression. We have not found any injury marks on his body."