Body of 52-yr-old man found in Surat
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The body of a 52-year-old man was found abandoned near a water canal at Vesu Tuesday morning.
Police said an adhesive tape was found stuck on the nose and mouth of the deceased and there was a suicide note in his pocket stating nobody should be blamed for his death.
The body was later identified as of Manharlal Jain (52), a resident of Chandan Park Society on City Light road in Surat.
According to police, they also found a scissor from the spot. The body was sent to New Civil Hospital for post mortem.
The deceased's wife, who is a teacher in a private school, said he had left home Monday evening and failed to return.
Khatoadar police inspector C K Patel said, "The deceased was jobless for the last few months and was under depression. We have not found any injury marks on his body."