Body of aspiring actor found in suitcase
- Farmer's suicide: Political blame game begins, Somnath Bharti sees plot, Congress targets BJP, AAP
- Mumbai Police arrest ‘largest meow-meow drug peddler’
- Govt wants to divide Net among corporates: Rahul Gandhi
- Cabinet clears trial of juveniles as adults in ‘heinous cases’
- Ministry refuses to relax norms for 35 border projects
The body of a man was found in a suitcase in Mandawli in East Delhi, on Saturday, police said. According to police, the man was identified as Sumit Tiwari, who was pursuing an acting course from a private institute in Film City, Noida.
Police said Sumit had been reported missing from his Karawal Nagar residence since February 21.
The body was reportedly found in a third-floor flat in Mandawli. Police suspect that Sumit was strangled. Police said Sumit's father had approached police on Friday and informed them that he had received a ransom call for Rs 2 lakh.
"We have found that the call made from Sumit's phone. We traced the location of his phone to Mandawli and found the body in a third-floor flat on Saturday evening," a police officer said.
Police said the owner of the flat, Shantideep Verma, is absconding, making him the chief suspect at the moment. Police said he is a writer who has worked in some tele-films. Police said that they had registered a case of murder and investigations are on.