Body of aspiring actor found in suitcase
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
The body of a man was found in a suitcase in Mandawli in East Delhi, on Saturday, police said. According to police, the man was identified as Sumit Tiwari, who was pursuing an acting course from a private institute in Film City, Noida.
Police said Sumit had been reported missing from his Karawal Nagar residence since February 21.
The body was reportedly found in a third-floor flat in Mandawli. Police suspect that Sumit was strangled. Police said Sumit's father had approached police on Friday and informed them that he had received a ransom call for Rs 2 lakh.
"We have found that the call made from Sumit's phone. We traced the location of his phone to Mandawli and found the body in a third-floor flat on Saturday evening," a police officer said.
Police said the owner of the flat, Shantideep Verma, is absconding, making him the chief suspect at the moment. Police said he is a writer who has worked in some tele-films. Police said that they had registered a case of murder and investigations are on.