Body of newborn found in Sewri
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The body of a newborn boy was found at a garbage dump in Sewri Saturday morning.
Passersby noticed the body and called police control room, which informed RAK Marg police. The baby was taken to Sion hospital. "The two-day-old was declared dead at the hospital. There were no external injuries on the body," sub-inspector S B Neve said.
Police said the boy was believed to have been abandoned in the early hours of Saturday. Inquiries were being made with residents of localities around the spot, police said. Police were also making inquiries with a private nursing home located near the spot.
"So far, we have no eyewitnesses. We are waiting for postmortem reports, after which we will register a complaint," Neve said.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun