Body of soldier killed in Pak attack to arrive at home in MP
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, who was one of the two soldiers killed in an attack by Pakistan army across the LoC, is likely to be brought by this evening and the funeral is expected to take place tomorrow, official sources said.
A team of Madhya Pradesh police officials has reached his village to receive the body of Sudhakar Singh, they said on Wednesday.
Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, 30, hailed from Darhia village near Churhat in the Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh.
He is survived by wife Durga Singh and a four-month-old son.
Singh had joined the Indian Army in 2002 and was working with the Rajputana Rifles Regiment.
Darhia village is a part of the Churhat Assembly constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, who represents Churhat in the House, said it was very sad that a valiant soldier had lost his life at the hands of Pakistani military men, who committed a brutal act.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir yesterday and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.