Body of soldier killed in Pak attack to arrive at home in MP
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, who was one of the two soldiers killed in an attack by Pakistan army across the LoC, is likely to be brought by this evening and the funeral is expected to take place tomorrow, official sources said.
A team of Madhya Pradesh police officials has reached his village to receive the body of Sudhakar Singh, they said on Wednesday.
Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, 30, hailed from Darhia village near Churhat in the Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh.
He is survived by wife Durga Singh and a four-month-old son.
Singh had joined the Indian Army in 2002 and was working with the Rajputana Rifles Regiment.
Darhia village is a part of the Churhat Assembly constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, who represents Churhat in the House, said it was very sad that a valiant soldier had lost his life at the hands of Pakistani military men, who committed a brutal act.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir yesterday and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.