Body of teenaged girl recovered in Howrah
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The body of a 16-year old girl was recovered from the banks of the Damodar river in Amta today, police said.
The body of the teenaged girl, Kabita Patra, bearing injuries, was recovered from Panshila village, police said.
The girl, a student of Class XI of the local Sitalchak High School, had gone for tutions in the morning. When she did not return on time, her family members set out in search of her and chanced upon her body, police said.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism