Body of teenaged girl recovered in Howrah
- Infosys employee murder: Police release high-resolution image of suspect
- PM Modi to meet his ministers today ahead of likely cabinet reshuffle
- India test-fires new surface-to-air missile from defence base in Odisha
- TKA Nair kin part of firm being probed by Income Tax department
- Hafiz Saeed’s No. 2 refers to ‘lions’ who ambushed CRPF bus in Pampore
The body of a 16-year old girl was recovered from the banks of the Damodar river in Amta today, police said.
The body of the teenaged girl, Kabita Patra, bearing injuries, was recovered from Panshila village, police said.
The girl, a student of Class XI of the local Sitalchak High School, had gone for tutions in the morning. When she did not return on time, her family members set out in search of her and chanced upon her body, police said.
- PM Modi’s search for support for India’s NSG bid shows leadership, not desperation
- A separate rail budget must continue for the sake of transparency
- Why Swamy’s real target is not Rajan or Arvind Subramanian
- In football, the English miss the goalposts. In European politics, they miss the point
- Anxieties arising from the collapse of the welfare state lie behind the vote
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company