Body of teenaged girl recovered in Howrah
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The body of a 16-year old girl was recovered from the banks of the Damodar river in Amta today, police said.
The body of the teenaged girl, Kabita Patra, bearing injuries, was recovered from Panshila village, police said.
The girl, a student of Class XI of the local Sitalchak High School, had gone for tutions in the morning. When she did not return on time, her family members set out in search of her and chanced upon her body, police said.
Local Congress MLA Asit Mitra protested against the killing and has demanded that the culprits be brought to book.