Body of teenaged girl recovered in Howrah
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
The body of a 16-year old girl was recovered from the banks of the Damodar river in Amta today, police said.
The body of the teenaged girl, Kabita Patra, bearing injuries, was recovered from Panshila village, police said.
The girl, a student of Class XI of the local Sitalchak High School, had gone for tutions in the morning. When she did not return on time, her family members set out in search of her and chanced upon her body, police said.