Body of woman cop found on tracks, police suspect suicide
The body of a Delhi Police woman constable was found on railway tracks in the Link Road area of Ghaziabad on Thursday afternoon.
A senior police officer said Reena Kumar (23), was posted at Tihar jail and was a resident of Delhi.
They said her body was found in a "mutilated" state, and results of the post-mortem examination, which is expected to come in by Saturday, would establish the exact cause of death.
"He noticed the body and notified others in the area, who then informed police. The post-mortem report will give us greater clarity. But, prima facie, from the nature of injuries, it seems that she was hit by a train — either by accident or in a suicide attempt. No suicide note has been discovered thus far," S S Yadav, Superintendent of Police (City) said.
The officer said they will question Reena's husband, who is also with the Delhi Police and is posted at the Prashant Vihar police station.
"We have recovered her mobile phone and are currently going through her call list. She married two months ago. She left home at 6 am to go to for Tihar jail, but did not report for duty. There is little clarity on what she was doing in Ghaziabad, and whether she was travelling on a train or not," the officer said.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan