Bollywood 2012 in pictures
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
For Bollywood, 2012 began on a high note, with the largest ever Indian contingent travelling to Cannes where several films by Indian filmmakers premiered, including Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur I & II, Ashim Ahluwalia's Miss Lovely and Vasan Bala's Peddlers. Sridevi marked her comeback with English Vinglish . The industry also cheered the emergence of Bollywood's Rs 100 crore club. Meanwhile, in its share of controversies, Bollywood witnessed the Shah Rukh Khan-Shirish Kunder slapgate. Saif Ali Khan landed himself in trouble by punching an NRI. A few months later he tied the knot with Kareena Kapoor. Vidya Balan, too, married UTV head honcho Siddharth Roy Kapur. Indian cinema lost two of its stalwarts — Rajesh Khanna and Yash Chopra. The premiere of the latter's last film, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, was one of the biggest events in Bollywood's social calendar.