Bollywood controversial: Jiah Khan's suicide, Shah Rukh Khan's son AbRam
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bollywood continued to be mired in controversy this year with actress Jiah Khan's suicide, Sanjay Dutt's return to jail, SRK-Salman's hug on Eid and SRK facing allegation of sex determination over the birth of his third child through surrogacy.
The biggest controversy in Bollywood this year was Jiah's suicide, which sent shock waves in the film fraternity.
The 25-year-old actress, best known for her roles opposite Amitabh Bachchan in 'Nishabd' and with Aamir Khan in 'Ghajini', was found hanging at her flat in suburban Mumbai in June this year.
While the police claimed it was a case of suicide, Jiah's mother Rabiya Khan alleged that it was not suicide and sought police to probe the angle of murder. According to police, Jiah had taken the harsh step over her soured relationship with Suraj Pancholi, son of Aditya Pancholi.
A six-page suicide note by Jiah talking about her relationship with Suraj landed him in jail. After spending over 20 days in jail, Suraj was released on bail.
On work front, he is signed for the remake version of 'Hero' by Salman Khan and Subhash Ghai.
Another talking point in the industry this year was the hug shared between friends-turned-foes Shah Rukh and Salman at an 'iftaar' party, which led everyone to believe that the two warring Khans were on their way to mending their relationship.
But it seems too much was read by everyone on this incident as it was just a goodwill gesture and not a move to end the animosity.
Salman, recently on a chat show with Karan Johar, had said that it was a goodwill gesture from his side on Eid.
The two actors had turned foes after a spat at Katrina Kaif's birthday party in 2008. Since then both have always avoided each other at public forums.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express