- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
Had it not been for her memorable stay on Bigg Boss, German model-actor Claudia Ciesla would have kept India as a vacation spot. But one season of this reality show changed the course of events. "The minute I stepped out of the House, I decided to stick around, give myself a year and explore the industry," says the tall and soft-spoken model who recently stopped by Chandigarh. Ciesla adds that she took Bollywood dance lessons and Hindi diction classes to blend in. For someone who avoids making long-term plans, she admits she "took up the challenge, absorbed Indian culture and soon became comfortable". Work came her way in another reality show Zor Ka Jhatka followed by the Punjabi film Yaar Pardesi, in which she played the lead. From events and awards ceremony to dancing at the National Games, her latest project, however, hopes to catapult her into the league of item girls. Ciesla is set to show off her "latka-jhatkas" in the Balma number in Khiladi 786 along with Akshay Kumar. "I didn't know there was a Bollywood dancer in me. It is the coolest dance and Ganesh Acharya's choreography did wonders to the song," says Ciesla. The film releases on December 7.