Bollywood music at its wackiest and melodious best in 2013
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bollywood music was at its wackiest and melodious best this year, as it was all about oodles of romance along with ample quirky lyrics.
On one hand music directors made us shake our 'Tooh', do the 'Lungi Dance' and 'Tamanche pe Disco', on the other there were ballads like 'Tum Hi Ho', 'Sawaar Loo', 'Yaram' for the hopeless romantics.
'Go Goa Gone' arguably qualifies as the wackiest music album of the year. Composer duo Sachin-Jigar's number 'Khoon Choos Le' is the first anti-Monday anthem that cribs about going to office on a Monday.
The album consists of one hilarious number leading to another. 'Babaji Ki Booty', a rib ticking 'pravachan' style song which in a funny way mocks at spiritual gurus, 'babaji' and their 'booti' (dope).
After 'Fevicol Se' last year, Kareena Kapoor did it again this year with 'Chingam Chabake' and 'Tooh' from 'Gori Tere Pyar Mein'.
'Tooh', which means bum in Punjabi has been designed to rock the wedding season. If these were not enough, Vishal-Shekhar's another composition from the album 'Dhat Teri Ki' raised the bizzare quotient a notch higher.
Actor Shahid Kapoor may not have managed to score many hits this year with his movies, but he sure did raise the entertainment quotient with the songs. Be it 'Khali Peeli Tokne Ka Nahi' or 'Dhating Naach' from 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero', the songs have been a hit from the masses.
Even his numbers 'Gandi Baat' and 'Saree Ke Fall Sa' from his latest release 'R... Rajkumar', which has been composed by Pritam, are catchy and emerged as big hits on the music charts.
Ranbir Kapoor-Deepika Padukone starrer 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' music album was full of fun, frolic, celebration and innocent naughtiness. The chartbusting party trumpet loaded number, 'Badtameeez Dil' was very addictive with its mad gibberish but highly endearing lyrics. Other tracks in this Pritam composed album consisted of 'Balam Pichkari', 'Dilliwaali Girlfriend', 'Ghagra.. via Agra', a folksy 'nautanki' dance number picturized on Madhuri Dixit.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express