Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan bid tearful adieu to Manna Dey
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Legendary playback singer MAnna Dey died at a Bengaluru hospital early today after prolonged illness.
Bollywood celebrities took to twitter to express their condolences on the loss of one of Bollywood's golden voices.
Playback Singer Lata Mangeshkar said: Aaj mahan shastriya gayak aur parshwa gayak Manna Dey sahab jinhe hum sab Manna Da kehete the wo humare bich nahi rahe,mujhe jaha tak yaad hai ,Manna da ke saath maine anil bishwas ji ka classical gana gaya tha 1947/48 me ,wo mera unke saath pehela gana tha. Manna da bohot hasmukh aur saral swabhav ke insaan the, apne kaam ke prati bohot samarpit the. Main ishwar se prarthana karti hu ki Manna da ki aatma ko wo shanti de. Main Manna da ki aatma ko pranam karti hun.
T 1200 -Manna Dey, stalwart of the music world, passes away. Flooded with memories and his songs. In particular his rendition of Madhushala.— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) October 24, 2013
Manna Dey had a unique voice. He will live on through his songs Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen/ dil ka haal suney dilwala/ poocho na kaise maine RIP— Azmi Shabana (@AzmiShabana) October 24, 2013
Even when you know someone will soon go, when he actually does it breaks your heart. #MannaDey RIP.— Pritish Nandy (@PritishNandy) October 24, 2013
Manish Tewari: Deepest condolences on the sad demise of Sh. Manna Dey. His voice & unique style enthralled a whole generation Another legend has left us.
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan
- Three electrocuted while fixing Cong candidate’s board
- Public peeing a menace but can’t ensure zips locked: HC