Dilip Kumar turns 90!
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Legendary actor Dilip Kumar, whose career spans over six decades with memorable films like "Mughal-e-Azam", "Ganga Jamuna", "Devdas" and "Madhumati", turned 90 today.
Kumar chose not to celebrate this year as a mark of respect to prominent personalities from the film fraternity and Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, who passed away in recent months.
Several from Bollywood and others greeted Kumar, describing him as the "undisputed king" of Indian cinema.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan tweeted, "90 years of the legend Dilip Kumar, Yusuf Saheb, today... never before never after!! History of Indian actors shall be written – 'before Dilip saheb, after Dilip saheb'... spent wonderful evening with him recently!!"
Anupam Kher posted, "For me Dilip Saab will always be undisputed KING of 100 years of Indian Cinema. Happy Birthday Sir."
Actress Shabana Azmi called him an inspiration: "Happy birthday Dilip Saheb. There has not been another like you. We continue to draw inspiration from your performances and your commitment."
"In my dictionary Dilip Kumar means dignity, depth, sensitivity, subtlety, sophistication and class. Happy birthday Dilip saheb," said Javed Akhtar.
Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar posted, "My favourite actor Dilip Kumar turns 90 today. What a day!"
"Salute to Dilip sahab and his commitment to the craft! May you live for 1000 years and keep entertaining us!," actor Manoj Bajpayee tweeted.
"The reference point for almost every thinking actor, Dilip Kumar turns 90 today! We are fortunate that we live in the same time as he does!!," said actor Nikhil Dwivedi.
Information and Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari also conveyed his best wishes to the legend on his birthday.
"Kindly accept my Greetings on the occasion of your 90th birthday. As an ardent admirer, I pray to God that you may live many more years to guide the Indian film industry and aspiring young people, who want to take up acting as a profession," Tewari said in a message.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'