Bolsa Familia program: India to pay welfare directly, aims to end fraud
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Shah said a lot more work needed to be done before cash transfers could become a reality across the country. The identification drive needed to reach the vast majority of India's poor, and villages needed banking infrastructure and Internet connectivity.
"It is going to take time and it will happen only when it happens whatever the deadline. It will be rolled out only when these conditions are in place,'' he said. But if the deadline ``pushes us to fix the lacunae that currently hamper the roll out of cash transfer, then we're in the right direction.''