Bolsa Familia program: India to pay welfare directly, aims to end fraud
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Shah said a lot more work needed to be done before cash transfers could become a reality across the country. The identification drive needed to reach the vast majority of India's poor, and villages needed banking infrastructure and Internet connectivity.
"It is going to take time and it will happen only when it happens whatever the deadline. It will be rolled out only when these conditions are in place,'' he said. But if the deadline ``pushes us to fix the lacunae that currently hamper the roll out of cash transfer, then we're in the right direction.''