Bomb blast in Prague kills Palestinian ambassador to Czech Republic
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police say an explosion in Prague has killed the Palestinian ambassador in the Czech Republic.
Ambassador Jamel al-Jamal was in his apartment with his family at the time of the explosion on Wednesday, according to Palestinian Embassy spokesman Nabil El-Fahel. Al-Jamal was seriously injured and rushed to a hospital, where he died, according to police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova.
The Palestinian Foreign Ministry said the blast occurred when the 56-year-old diplomat was moving an old office safe box. It was not immediately clear how the explosives got there, and the ministry said the blast was being investigated.
Prague rescue service spokeswoman Jirina Ernestova said al-Jamal was placed in a medically induced coma when he arrived at Prague Military Hospital.
She said a 52-year old woman was taken to a different hospital in Prague after suffering from shock.
The ambassador's apartment is in Prague's Suchdol neighborhood.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express