Bomb blast in Prague kills Palestinian ambassador to Czech Republic
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
Police say an explosion in Prague has killed the Palestinian ambassador in the Czech Republic.
Ambassador Jamel al-Jamal was in his apartment with his family at the time of the explosion on Wednesday, according to Palestinian Embassy spokesman Nabil El-Fahel. Al-Jamal was seriously injured and rushed to a hospital, where he died, according to police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova.
The Palestinian Foreign Ministry said the blast occurred when the 56-year-old diplomat was moving an old office safe box. It was not immediately clear how the explosives got there, and the ministry said the blast was being investigated.
Prague rescue service spokeswoman Jirina Ernestova said al-Jamal was placed in a medically induced coma when he arrived at Prague Military Hospital.
She said a 52-year old woman was taken to a different hospital in Prague after suffering from shock.
The ambassador's apartment is in Prague's Suchdol neighborhood.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18