Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's (IOC) oil refinery today. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said. Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large scale destruction, they said. A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say