Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's (IOC) oil refinery today. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said. Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large scale destruction, they said. A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.