Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
- China has deployed more troops near Indian border, says Pentagon
- Delhi court takes cognizance of chargesheet filed against RK Pachauri in sexual harassment case
- Congress trying to settle political scores through campuses: Smriti Irani
- Violence mars Jharkhand, over 550 people arrested during bandh protesting domicile policy
- Malegaon blasts: ATS cited Sadhvi's phone call, strategy meeting and a bike, NIA rejected all
A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's (IOC) oil refinery today. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said. Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large scale destruction, they said. A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure
- An Adivasi’s view of the new domicile policy in Jharkhand
- Government policies have become an assault on Delhi’s architectural heritage
- Cleaning the Ganga will need sustained effort, constant vigilance
- Education is confused with certification