Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
- Govt has decided to drop anti-piracy charges against Italian marines, Centre tells SC
- LIVE: Rahul takes a dig at Modi, says BJP thinks one man can run the country
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's (IOC) oil refinery today. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said. Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large scale destruction, they said. A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients