Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's (IOC) oil refinery today. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said. Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large scale destruction, they said. A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi