Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
- 'AAP has become a Khap Panchayat,' says Prashant Bhushan after expulsion from party
- Maneka Gandhi calls for nation-wide ban on cow, buffalo slaughter
- Venkaiah Naidu is Modi govt’s defence against Rahul Gandhi
- ‘Quiet’ Ankit came to play just two overs before fatal collision
- After 56-day absence, Rahul Gandhi makes comeback in Parliament
A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's (IOC) oil refinery today. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said. Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large scale destruction, they said. A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.