Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd public offer size likely between Rs 400-1,000 cr
- Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS, it will be detrimental
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
The public offer of country's premier bourse Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) could range between Rs 400 crore and Rs 1,000 crore.
"It is difficult to say anything right now, but it could range anywhere between Rs 400 crore to Rs 1,000 crore," Bombay Stock Exchange Managing Director & CEO Ashishkumar Chauhan told PTI.
He said a clear picture on the issue would emerge only after Bombay Stock Exchange received SEBI approval and discussions held with merchant bankers.
Bombay Stock Exchange, Asia's oldest bourse hoped to hit the market after 5-6 months following approval by the regulator. Listing was decided at the time when the exchange was demutualised.
It has 7000 shareholders broadly constituting 40 per cent from the broking community, 30 per cent from foreign institutions, including foreign bourses and the remaining 30 per cent from domestic non-broking institutions.
The country's leading bourse was planning to use Offer for Sale (OFS) route to hit the market. Bombay Stock Exchange had applied with the regulator in January and was awaiting clearance.
According to reports, Bombay Stock Exchange has sought exemptions from certain clauses from SEBI which were coming in the way of early approval from regulators.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore