Bonds decline, call rate ends lower
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Government bonds declined on selling pressure from banks and corporates, while overnight money rates ended lower at the call money market here today on lack of demand from borrowing banks.
The 8.15 per cent government security maturing in 2022 slipped to Rs 101.68 from Rs 101.97 yesterday, while its yield moved up at 7.89 per cent from 7.85 per cent.
The 8.33 per cent government security maturing in 2026 declined to Rs 102.70 from Rs 103.00, while its yield rose to 8.00 per cent from 7.96 per cent.
The 8.20 per cent government security maturing in 2025 dipped to Rs 101.66 from Rs 101.93, while its yield gained at 7.99 per cent to 7.95 per cent.
The 8.07 per cent government security maturing in 2017, the 8.19 per cent government security maturing in 2020 and 8.97 per cent government security maturing in 2030 were also quoted lower at Rs 100.74, Rs 101.18 and Rs 108.18, respectively.
The overnight call money rate finished lower at 7.85 per cent from 8.00 per cent previously. It moved in a range of 7.85 per cent and 7.60 per cent.
The Reserve Bank of India under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility purchased securities worth Rs 1.04 lakh crore in 42 bids at the one-day repo auction at a fixed rate of 7.75 per cent in the evening auction.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment