Bonhomie grows between Anna and Rahul over support to Lokpal Bill
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
As the Rajya Sabha is expected to pass the Lokpal Bill without discussion, a bonhomie is growing between anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi. Both have thanked each other for their stand on the Lokpal Bill.
Replying to Anna's letter, Rahul has lauded his agitation in favour of the bill, saying, "We respect your role in it and we are very grateful to you for support."
He further said, "All of us are committed to provide a competent and strongest possible Lokpal."
This came after the anti-corruption crusader welcomed commitment of Rahul to pass Lokpal in Parliament. He, however, also expressed his desire for inclusion of the recommendations of select committee in the bill.
This came after leaders of most of the political parties agreed on Monday to extend the Lokpal Bill a helping hand.
However, Samajwadi Party and Shiv Sena reiterated that they would oppose the bill.