Bonjour India offers slice of sky at Delhi's Jantar Mantar
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
Chinese and even Mayan, among others," said Jenni a student of French Language at the Jawaharlal Nehru University here.
For Gurpreet who visited the breathtaking work with his wife was "overwhelmed by it colour and magnificence".
"The colour and the ambiance is very appealing. I am overwhelmed by its magnificence. And, I'm glad that I'm seeing it here with my very eyes. Because, I don't think the experience of an immersive visual art can be matched by watching it second-hand on a screen or through a photograph," said Singh.
English citizen Anna said she had "earlier heard of Jantar Mantar as only a venue for protest and had seen the monument from outside but never knew that it was actually an observatory".
"I like decorating monuments now and would like to work on more such projects," said artist Pawan Kumar who was accompanied by five other fellow artists while the rest had worked on the project from Chandannagar only.
"The rectangular LED artworks on the fences are symbols of time, so we have hourglass, grandfather-clock, sundials, candles and days of the week, among others," Nandita added.
About 20 odd artists from India dressed as electronic bees and robots among others stood or walked around the venue as a performing art.
The fashion installation created by designer Lecoanet Hemnat comprises of 8 main outfits which are complemented with 12 small ones to depict the satellites orbiting one another.
Translucent synthetic fabrics were used for the outfits. French electro band Scratch Bandits Crew also performed.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit