Booked for murder, newly-elected Cong MLA from Himachal absconding
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
One of the Himachal Congress's newly elected legislators has gone underground after being booked in a murder case just ahead of Congress Legislature Party meeting to elect Himachal's next chief minister.
Ram Kumar Chaudhary, a first-time MLA from Doon constituency in Solan district, is one of the four suspects in the murder of a 24-year-old woman in Panchkula in Haryana Nov 22.
"Police raided Ram Kumar Chaudhar's house in Sandholi and other places on Saturday but he managed to evade arrest. He and other accused have not been joining investigations for quite some time," superintendent of police S Arul said.
Arul said arrest warrants against all the four accused, booked under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code, were issued on Friday.
The murdered woman's father Butti Ram had lodged a police complaint alleging Chaudhary was in touch with his daughter.
The Punjab and Haryana high court on Thursday directed Haryana Police to expedite the probe.
Congress leaders said Ram Kumar Chaudhary had not contacted any senior party leader and was unlikely to attend the CLP meeting in the evening.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid