Bookie gives Special Cell the slip, escapes
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
Among the bookies that the Delhi Police Special Cell had identified as being involved in the IPL spot-fixing controversy was one named Mahender. The Special Cell personnel traced his location to a hotel in the New Delhi district area on Wednesday. A team in plainclothes was sent to nab him.
According to police sources, when the team reached the hotel, they were first denied entry by the bouncers employed there. Since the Special Cell personnel were not in uniform and did not want to divulge their identities, they reportedly got into a scuffle with the bouncers.
After they finally gained entry, the police personnel asked a man in the hotel about Mahender's whereabouts. The man reportedly directed them to go further inside and walked away.
The Special Cell personnel later found out that the man himself was Mahender and had managed to escape.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready