Bopal to get police station soon, says Khandwawala
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The state Director General of Police, S S Khandwawala, on Friday said that Bopal would soon get a new police station and all vacancies in the Ahmedabad rural police would be filled up by November-end. Bopal is a new township located on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
He told mediapersons this during a routine inspection of the Ahmedbad rural police headquarters.
Khandwawala further said that it was also being considered to set up new police stations along the roadsides and highways with a view to make access easy for the people as also for the policemen for a quick response in case of emergency.
He said the limits of several police stations in Ahmedabad rural district would be reorganised for convenience of registration and investigation of cases. For instance, he said that some areas adjoining the office of the Sarkhej police station fell within the limits of the Aslali police station for which there was no logic. The areas nearer to the Sarkhej police station be relocated and included in the jurisdiction of the Sarkhej police station for better law and order management.
He added that he had asked the Ahmedabad rural police chief to take preventive measures to stop incidents of house break-ins at Bopal.