Bopanna teams with Ram for ’13
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: If Congress comes to power again, 40, 000 farmers will benefit, says Sonia
Rohan Bopanna has confirmed his partnership with American Rajeev Ram for the next ATP season, the move coming in the wake of Mahesh Bhupathi-Bopanna combine deciding to part ways. While Bhupathi will be partnering Canadian Daniel Nestor, Bopanna will be seen pairing up with long-time friend Ram on the ATP circuit next year.
The duo has a combined experience of 17 years on the professional circuit. "Rohan and Rajeev had decided a few months ago to combine forces to make what they believe an extremely formidable partnership, given their complementary styles of play and strong service games," a release said. Bopanna had a successful year with Bhupathi, which included two titles at Dubai and Paris and runner-up finish at the just-concluded season-ending London Masters. He also attained his career-best ranking of eight in March this year.
"I played with Mahesh in 2012 with a special focus on preparing for the London Olympics and now that it's over, I want to concentrate on the ATP circuit and I am eager to build a strong, sustainable partnership," Bopanna said about his decision. "Rajeev is a great player and given our individual strengths, and his command of the deuce court, I believe that we can complement each other very well," he added.
The duo had earlier made an appearance as a team at the Australian Open in 2008, where as an unseeded combination they proceeded to the pre-quarters