Borivali gangrape: Police to file five separate FIRs
- SC orders completion of trial of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
A day after the Borivali police booked two persons on charges of gangrape, the investigators have decided to file five First Information Reports (FIRs) of rape based on the 17-year-old victim's complaint. Two men, Rahul Solanki (27) and Tushar Nimbalkar (25), both residents of Gorai, have been arrested. The police are on the lookout for
The police said the victim worked as a domestic help in Andheri. She had allegedly abandoned a newborn girl near a housing society in Andheri in November, and was subsequently arrested on December 4. At that time, the police did not verify whether she was a minor and sent her to Byculla jail. On December 5, she developed stomach ache and was sent to J J Hospital, which was when she told the doctor that she was raped by nine men between January and October, said an officer.
According to the police, earlier this year, the girl had gone to a BMC school in Borivali with her boyfriend. Two men, who had followed the two, assaulted the boyfriend and raped the girl. The men then called seven friends who took turns to rape her, the officer said. After the incident, the men started blackmailing the victim, threatening to expose her affair. They called her to several spots and raped her, the officer said.
On Monday evening, the Andheri police station recorded the girl's complaint. However, the case was later transferred to Borivali police.
"The Andheri police registered a case of gangrape only on the basis of the girl's allegations," said Mahesh Patil, Deputy Commissioner of Police (zone 11). "We are now registering five FIRs of rape against five men as we found that they had raped the girl on different occasions separately. We will also conduct a DNA test to find out who fathered the child," added Patil. Police suspect that the men assaulted the victim even while she was pregnant.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress