Borivali tailor kills mother-in-law
- SC orders completion of trail of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
Borivali police Thursday arrested a 32-year-old man in the early hours of Thursday for allegedly killing his mother-in-law.
Police officers probing the case said Murugesh Muthu, a tailor by profession, claimed that his mother-in-law, Manju, was trying to separate him from her daughter. Muthu claimed that his mother-in-law did not want her daughter to stay with Muthu since the couple did not get along and his mother-in-law held him responsible for it, police said. Muthu is a native of Vapi. According to the Borivali police, at 8 pm on Wednesday, Muthu visited Manju and had a fight with her. When he tried to talk to his wife, Manju allegedly stopped him and said that she would make sure that her daughter did not go back to her in-laws. In a fit of rage, Muthu picked up a pair of scissors and stabbed Manju in her stomach, the police added.
Following this, Manju's neighbours and Muthu's wife called up the police station and informed them about the incident. Police rushed to the spot and nabbed Muthu who was allegedly trying to flee from the area. Muthu was arrested under section 302 of the IPC for murder. He allegedly told the police that he was fed up of his mother-in-law's interference in his personal life.
Cop held for abetting wife's suicide
Kalwa police on Thursday arrested constable Sriram Hivre (25), attached with the Thane Police, for allegedly harassing his pregnant wife Archana (23) — herself a constable — to the point that she committed suicide. He has been charged for abetment to suicide as well as dowry harassment, police said. According to officers, an argument between the couple over who should buy vegetables every day grew out hand, ultimately leading Archana to take the extreme step.Archana, attached with the Local Arms division in Tardeo, immolated herself at her Kalwa residence on Wednesday night, allegedly following an argument with Sriram. Cops had registered a complaint against Sriram, and were also probing allegations of dowry demands by Archana's parents.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress