Borivali tailor kills mother-in-law
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Borivali police Thursday arrested a 32-year-old man in the early hours of Thursday for allegedly killing his mother-in-law.
Police officers probing the case said Murugesh Muthu, a tailor by profession, claimed that his mother-in-law, Manju, was trying to separate him from her daughter. Muthu claimed that his mother-in-law did not want her daughter to stay with Muthu since the couple did not get along and his mother-in-law held him responsible for it, police said. Muthu is a native of Vapi. According to the Borivali police, at 8 pm on Wednesday, Muthu visited Manju and had a fight with her. When he tried to talk to his wife, Manju allegedly stopped him and said that she would make sure that her daughter did not go back to her in-laws. In a fit of rage, Muthu picked up a pair of scissors and stabbed Manju in her stomach, the police added.
Following this, Manju's neighbours and Muthu's wife called up the police station and informed them about the incident. Police rushed to the spot and nabbed Muthu who was allegedly trying to flee from the area. Muthu was arrested under section 302 of the IPC for murder. He allegedly told the police that he was fed up of his mother-in-law's interference in his personal life.
Cop held for abetting wife's suicide