Born this Way
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
In a recent interview to The Guardian, sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar called pop sensation Lady Gaga an extremely intelligent performer, and that he admired her theatrically. For what it is worth, I agree.
All said and done, the intriguing songstress is whaky and kooky like popstars once used to be. She reminds one of that era where everything acerbic worked. Yet she is different. The way I see it, she writes the way she throws up -- like somebody feeling woozy for a long time and then violently wretching. In non-vomit terms, she may not be the most prolific writer, but her songs are making their own point and have the music world in a tizzy, money on a roll and Gaga, a phenomena.
For Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, a young Britney Spears obsessed girl, who went to the Convent of Sacred Heart, an all girls Roman Catholic School in Manhatten, the kind of attention and 'Madonna status' she has garnered with the moniker Lady Gaga in the pop world, has already made her the Gen-Next diva. And well, pop music has definitely not had such wild company in a long time. No points for guessing, she is still receiving a hungry welcome by the audience worldwide.
Her first debut single Just Dance in 2008, with her eccentric fashion and her enticing music, screamed the arrival of something that America had not witnessed before. She excited people in a nation, who are either far too busy or somewhat disenthralled to be excited. And lets face it. If America gets excited, the world at least makes an effort to feel that excitement. The soaring electronics and cropped marching beats with an R&B feel in her debut single saw a scantily dressed blonde with a powder-white face make the world not just groove to the music, but look at her and be awed by what they saw.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express