Both Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi disastrous for country: AAP
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
As Congress and BJP locked horns over Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's comment that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's ascension to the PM chair would be "disastrous" for the country, Aam Aadmi Party in a statement said it would be disastrous if the country was forced to choose between Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Delhi CM and party supremo Arvind Kejriwal, meanwhile, refused to get dragged into the debate. "What difference does it make who becomes PM?" he said about the PM's comments. "The issues of the poor people remain unresolved while political parties indulge in a war of words over who should or should not be PM. The price of gas cylinders was increased by Rs 220. How will poor people survive?"
Later, AAP issued a statement saying that UPA had lost the moral authority to govern the country. "After PM's candid admission that after governing the country for 10 long years, he feels that his government has completely failed on fronts of employment generation, controlling inflation and curbing corruption, which are the three top most issues of the Aam Aadmi, the UPA and the Congress party stand to lose the moral right to govern the country... The PM said it will be disastrous for the country if Shri Narendra Modi takes over as PM. It's a half truth. We feel it will be disastrous for the country if the countrymen are forced to choose between Shri Rahul Gandhi and Shri Narendra Modi as the PM," it said.