Both North and South MCDs to operate from Civic Centre
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
The newly built 28-storey Civic Centre will have the offices of both North and South Delhi Municipal Corporations. The MCD on Thursday issued a circular to allot separate floors to both the municipal bodies in the same building.
The authorities were earlier in a fix about which corporation will operate from the Civic Centre. It was initially thought that the South municipal body will work from the Civic Centre and North from the Town Hall. Later, the decision was amended, as the renovated building fell in the jurisdiction of North Delhi.
It was then decided that the South body will have its head office at Dwarka. However, the building at Dwarka is yet to be built, so the South Corporation too will have its head office at Civic Centre.
The circular states that the fourth floor of E block will have the office of the Commissioner of the North Corporation. Additional Commissioner of the same corporation will have his office on the fifth floor.
The Commissioner of the South Corporation's office will be on the ninth floor in the same block, and the Additional Commissioners will work from the sixth floor.
Floors eight to seventeen will accommodate offices of the North Corporation, and from the 18th floor to the 27th floor, officials from South Corporation will work.
The South Corporation will have to pay for using the civic centre, the circular states. Additional Commissioner, Janak Diggal states in the circular, "Since the Civic Centre falls under the jurisdiction of North Delhi Municipal Corporation, its administrative control will remain with them. It can further claim the maintenance charges from the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, as to be decided by the Director (Local Bodies)."
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry