Both North and South MCDs to operate from Civic Centre
The newly built 28-storey Civic Centre will have the offices of both North and South Delhi Municipal Corporations. The MCD on Thursday issued a circular to allot separate floors to both the municipal bodies in the same building.
The authorities were earlier in a fix about which corporation will operate from the Civic Centre. It was initially thought that the South municipal body will work from the Civic Centre and North from the Town Hall. Later, the decision was amended, as the renovated building fell in the jurisdiction of North Delhi.
It was then decided that the South body will have its head office at Dwarka. However, the building at Dwarka is yet to be built, so the South Corporation too will have its head office at Civic Centre.
The circular states that the fourth floor of E block will have the office of the Commissioner of the North Corporation. Additional Commissioner of the same corporation will have his office on the fifth floor.
The Commissioner of the South Corporation's office will be on the ninth floor in the same block, and the Additional Commissioners will work from the sixth floor.
Floors eight to seventeen will accommodate offices of the North Corporation, and from the 18th floor to the 27th floor, officials from South Corporation will work.
- We need national framework to address agricultural problems
- A full engagement with Pakistan cannot withstand major terror strikes
- Increasing maternity leave is a tiny step for women at work
- Telescope: A question for TV
- ‘Comfort Women Peace Statue’: An uncomfortable legacy
- Suspending dialogue after terrorist attack gives jihadis a veto over talks