Bounty on Hafiz Saeed proof Pak harbours terrorists: Home Secy
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
The US announcement of a $10 million bounty on Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, who roams freely in Pakistan, is a proof that the neighbouring country harbours terrorists, Union Home Secretary R K Singh said on Tuesday.
"I think it has become clear before the world and everybody recognises that a terror mastermind, who was instrumental in terror attacks, is being sheltered and harboured there (Pakistan)," Singh answered when asked about the US reward.
He said the Home Ministry welcomed the US government decision which was going to put pressure on Pakistan to act against Saeed.
"We welcome it. It is a very good step. It is absolutely appropriate and necessary. I hope this move will add pressure on Pakistan to act," he said.
Late last night, the US government announced an award of upto $10 million for information leading to arrest and conviction of Saeed and upto $2 million for Hafiz Adbul Rahman Makki, his jihad financier brother-in-law under the Rewards for Justice programme, for information on the two terrorists.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first