Box office collections: Krrish 3, Satya 2, Thor
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Krissh 3 has broken the box office collections record set by 3 Idiots even while it was battling it out with Satya 2 and Thor in real time. Besides, the Hrithik Roshan-starrer has been the fastest flick to cross the Rs 200 crore mark. As per reports, while 3 Idiots took 70 days, and Chennai Express over 15, Krrish 3 zoomed ahead in only 10 days
India's superhero flick Krrish 3
has become a superstar in terms of box office collections. Even after releasing on a non-holiday weekend and facing the pre-Diwali phase, the film managed to do magnificent business in its first weekend at the box office. Taking its successful innings ahead, the film which was released in 4,450 screens across India, actually turned out to be a record-breaker in its second week.
"Krrish 3 has performed phenomenally well at the box office. It has a few more days to attract audience before the next big release. Chances are that it may even break the record set by Chennai Express," says trade analyst Amod Mehra.
Noting the success of the film in its second weekend, multiplexes, like Cinepolis India are keen to give maximum space to Krrish 3. Confirms Mayank Shroff, Manager Programming and Film Marketing - Cinepolis India, "In its opening weekend, we gave 90 per cent of screens to Krrish 3. But with new films like Satya 2 and Thor: The Dark World releasing, we gave some shows to the new releases. Thus the Hrithik Roshan-starrer got 50 per cent shows across India in its second weekend." He further adds that with the film having done phenomenal business on Saturday and Sunday, they were planning to give some more shows to Krrish 3.
At the Mumbai-based single screen, Regal, the Indian superhero flick was at par with the international release, Thor..., starring Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. Says a source from the theatre, "The Rakesh Roshan-directorial and Thor were given two shows each on Friday. While Krrish 3 collected Rs.18901.80, Thor... collected Rs.19320.65. Thor was given three shows each on Saturday and Sunday, as compared to Krrish 3, which got only two shows. On Saturday Krrish 3 collected Rs.37403.00, whereas Thor... earned Rs.37571.55 and on Sunday the former made Rs.58109.65 and the latter `Rs.30680.05 at the box- office."
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express