Boy alleges sodomy at Meerut juvenile home
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
An inmate of a state juvenile home here has alleged he was tortured and sodomised by other inmates. The inmate has also alleged that when he tried to resist, he was beaten up with iron rods and lathis.
The delinquent, who was admitted to the Medical College in a serious condition, told his parents that soon after being sent to the juvenile home on December 3, he was cornered by inmates who sodomised him in groups and assaulted him when he put up a defence.
He also said officials at the home turned a blind eye to such incidents.
"Please don't send me back to there; kill me instead. I will have to undergo the same physical and mental torture if I'm sent back," he said, adding that other minors at the facility were facing the same problem. The boy, the sole breadwinner for his family, was sent to the juvenile home for allegedly stealing a mobile phone.
The home, which is meant to accommodate 100 inmates, has almost 160 living there.
Meanwhile, the boy's mother, Shaista, threatened to immolate herself outside the District Magistrate's office if the condition at the juvenile home did not improve.
"I have lodged complaints with officials but they remain deaf and dumb," she said.
District Probation Officer Yatindra Singh said he did not know about the incident, but "will take action against those found guilty during investigation."
- Khushpreet murder: Court holds 3 accused guilty
- Youth shot at, bullet still lodged in body
- Anti-incumbency strong, Akali SOS to BJP: send Modi
- Ahmedabad ‘dressmaker’ has designs on Modi’s style
- RSS launches statewide campaign for 100% turnout, no mention of Modi
- Movie on Modi released statewide, Cong cries foul