Boy alleges sodomy at Meerut juvenile home
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
An inmate of a state juvenile home here has alleged he was tortured and sodomised by other inmates. The inmate has also alleged that when he tried to resist, he was beaten up with iron rods and lathis.
The delinquent, who was admitted to the Medical College in a serious condition, told his parents that soon after being sent to the juvenile home on December 3, he was cornered by inmates who sodomised him in groups and assaulted him when he put up a defence.
He also said officials at the home turned a blind eye to such incidents.
"Please don't send me back to there; kill me instead. I will have to undergo the same physical and mental torture if I'm sent back," he said, adding that other minors at the facility were facing the same problem. The boy, the sole breadwinner for his family, was sent to the juvenile home for allegedly stealing a mobile phone.
The home, which is meant to accommodate 100 inmates, has almost 160 living there.
Meanwhile, the boy's mother, Shaista, threatened to immolate herself outside the District Magistrate's office if the condition at the juvenile home did not improve.
"I have lodged complaints with officials but they remain deaf and dumb," she said.
District Probation Officer Yatindra Singh said he did not know about the incident, but "will take action against those found guilty during investigation."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today