Boy found hanging at Navoday Vidyalaya hostel
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
A student of Navoday Vidyalaya in Pipalkoti in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district allegedly committed suicide at his hostel, the second such incident in the state in three days.
The body of 16-year-old Sachin Butola, a student of Class
XI, was found hanging in the bathroom of the school hostel yesterday by a classmate, police said today.
According to a suicide note recovered from the scene, the student held himself responsible for his death, they said.
The four-page note says the student was taking the extreme step as he could not cope with the pressure of his studies, police said.
This is the second such incident in the state in the last three days as a girl was found hanging in the bathroom of her hostel at Navoday Vidyalaya in Tehri district on Saturday, they said, adding, both the cases are under investigation.