Boy found hanging at Navoday Vidyalaya hostel
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
A student of Navoday Vidyalaya in Pipalkoti in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district allegedly committed suicide at his hostel, the second such incident in the state in three days.
The body of 16-year-old Sachin Butola, a student of Class
XI, was found hanging in the bathroom of the school hostel yesterday by a classmate, police said today.
According to a suicide note recovered from the scene, the student held himself responsible for his death, they said.
The four-page note says the student was taking the extreme step as he could not cope with the pressure of his studies, police said.