Boy killed in slab collapse: Corporators demand compensation for family
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A day after eight-year-old Masoom Arif Khatri died in a slab collapse in Sewri, corporators Thursday demanded compensation for the family. The incident occurred at a building being renovated in a BMC colony.
Corporator Yakub Memon said at a general body meeting, "Generally, BMC buildings are poorly maintained; because of this lax attitude, the child suffered. BMC should give the family compensation."
Congress corporator Waqarunisa Ansari demanded BMC conduct a structural audit of buildings in all its colonies.
Mayor Sunil Prabhu said they would investigated the cause of the incident and whether the contractor appointed for renovation work was responsible.
"We will make arrests only after our investigation is over," said Balkrishna Garule, senior inspector, RAK Marg police.