Boy killed in slab collapse: Corporators demand compensation for family
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A day after eight-year-old Masoom Arif Khatri died in a slab collapse in Sewri, corporators Thursday demanded compensation for the family. The incident occurred at a building being renovated in a BMC colony.
Corporator Yakub Memon said at a general body meeting, "Generally, BMC buildings are poorly maintained; because of this lax attitude, the child suffered. BMC should give the family compensation."
Congress corporator Waqarunisa Ansari demanded BMC conduct a structural audit of buildings in all its colonies.
Mayor Sunil Prabhu said they would investigated the cause of the incident and whether the contractor appointed for renovation work was responsible.
"We will make arrests only after our investigation is over," said Balkrishna Garule, senior inspector, RAK Marg police.