Boy killed in slab collapse: Corporators demand compensation for family
- Lok Sabha polls: Ram Vilas Paswan returns to NDA as BJP-LJP agree on seat-sharing
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- BJP, AAP and NCP release candidates list for general elections
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
A day after eight-year-old Masoom Arif Khatri died in a slab collapse in Sewri, corporators Thursday demanded compensation for the family. The incident occurred at a building being renovated in a BMC colony.
Corporator Yakub Memon said at a general body meeting, "Generally, BMC buildings are poorly maintained; because of this lax attitude, the child suffered. BMC should give the family compensation."
Congress corporator Waqarunisa Ansari demanded BMC conduct a structural audit of buildings in all its colonies.
Mayor Sunil Prabhu said they would investigated the cause of the incident and whether the contractor appointed for renovation work was responsible.
"We will make arrests only after our investigation is over," said Balkrishna Garule, senior inspector, RAK Marg police.