Boy killed in slab collapse: Corporators demand compensation for family
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
A day after eight-year-old Masoom Arif Khatri died in a slab collapse in Sewri, corporators Thursday demanded compensation for the family. The incident occurred at a building being renovated in a BMC colony.
Corporator Yakub Memon said at a general body meeting, "Generally, BMC buildings are poorly maintained; because of this lax attitude, the child suffered. BMC should give the family compensation."
Congress corporator Waqarunisa Ansari demanded BMC conduct a structural audit of buildings in all its colonies.
Mayor Sunil Prabhu said they would investigated the cause of the incident and whether the contractor appointed for renovation work was responsible.
"We will make arrests only after our investigation is over," said Balkrishna Garule, senior inspector, RAK Marg police.
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death